Sunday 23 March 2014

Spring

With the rivers being closed, Saturday morning saw a return to a large still water that has produced several 3lb perch up to 3lb 14oz for me. I was keen to try some recently acquired Fiish BlackMinnows. I had a few small fish on the 90mm and thought I'd see if the 120mm size might sort out a bigger fish. Alas not to be as the small ones weren't put off by the larger size!




These smaller fish showing is a sure sign that this lake, which is way up in the hills, is starting to warm up. These fish just seem to disappear in the Winter!

I decided to try a local small stream for a few hours on Sunday. The trout are small, a big one from this venue being 8-10oz but lots of fun on an UUL rod rated up to 3g and 3lb lines.








The stream was carrying a bit of extra water and colour and my favourite snap bean lures were picking up the odd fish but the action was slow until I swapped to small spinners.




No comments:

Post a Comment