Sunday 12 October 2014

Where Are The Songs of Spring?

Firstly a massive thank you to those of you still popping in for a looksee even though I have been very remiss in not posting for ages. Hopefully with the Winter perch and pike season looming I'll have a bit more to write about.


By the river by 6.30 waiting for the light.



It was one of those lovely mornings when the dawn comes slowly with mist rolling across the river- absolute magic. I was hoping for a bit more water and some colour but the short lift had already taken itself off down to the Irish Sea.



I knew with clear skies above the mist my best chance would be early on and I clipped on my urban camo slider on. The ducks exploded in riotous laughter – and I’m sure I heard one say to its mate, ‘’he’s never gonna catch on that thing!!!’’



I had an attack from a good fish that didn’t stick and was still licking my wounds when this nice little fish cheered me a little.



I worked upstream a bit and was briefly attached to one of the super tankers – Which promptly rolled and spat the hooks. Nice to get a chance to practice my Anglo Saxon as I’ve been so chilled of late that I’ve been losing my touch.

As predicted the sun soon burned through the mist and low cloud and so I gave the ducks the bird and headed home!

No comments:

Post a Comment