Thursday 30 May 2013

Home Grown Trout

I went in search of some Lancastrian tout today after having such fun with Matt in Yorkshire. Matt has found some special places using google. Finding streams and rivers on the map and using the satellite function to have a look. Then putting in the legwork and driving there and having a fish. So I did the same last night and found some different stretches of small steams I have already fished and a couple that are new to me. I didn't find trout of the size I caught in Yorkshire but the streams are very different in nature. What I did find was lots of feisty trout in the 6-8oz range with the odd one an ounce or two larger.




Absolutely fantastic fun, I just love this jungle style fishing, searching new water and forging paths to swims that might never have been fished. What's more a fantastic excuse to buy the perfect little rod. A 5'6'' UL trout rod is now top of the want list!

No comments:

Post a Comment