Sunday 29 September 2013

Real Eel

I went out today with some Savage Gear 30cm Real Eel to target pike. I don't fish for them very often but I'm still looking for a good lure caught pike.
I had some heart stopping moments as I had three small fish attack the lure as I was about to lift out for a re- cast. Having missed a few I concentrated on fishing it right to my feet and enjoyed watching a few follows and eventually took this small fish.


Not long later had a slightly better one, again it nearly gave me a heart attack as it launched itself just as I was about to lift out!



The second lodge I tried is very shallow and I was using the eel almost as a wake bait, retrieving it just sub- surface to clear the weed. I had two fish do the 'Great White' death roll - leaping out of the water and crashing down on the eel - neither stuck but it was fantastic fun watching them!


Nothing like a bit of fishy action to inspire some confidence in a new lure. My next mission is to try and catch on one of my other bogey lures -  the soft 4 play.

2 comments:

  1. In this article I'm going to outline some river fishing tips that will help almost anyone have more success. Many of these tips are for smaller rivers and streams, you know the size that you fish from the bank, however not all of them. Some of these tips are great for fishing any size river.

    Alaska Fishing Charters

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.Thanks
    Bahamas Yacht Rentals

    ReplyDelete