Saturday 3 August 2013

Major Craft Lures

Having won 'Post of the Month' for one of my catch reports on the LAS forum I chose a Major Craft Zoner Crank 40 Shallow in perch as my prize and received it within a couple of days thanks to Steve Bridgen of The Pike Shop (see Links). The lure is a beautifully finished little 4cm crank bait which weighs 4g and dives to about 3'- perfect for one of my UL set up. Having looked at the EA site, the river looked like it might be fishable after the recent rain so decided to give the lure its first swim this morning. The river was still carrying a fair bit of water and was pushing through and predictably the fish had dropped down from the head of the pools where I have been catching them lately. The extra 18'' of water worked in my favour as this lure gets down a bit deeper than my normal wake baits and I was concerned that I'd end up losing it to the rocky bottom or one of the many snags. The lure has a lovely action and by being careful not to retrieve too quickly it didn't take too long to connect to my first fish of around 3 lb.



I had a few more fish from 2-3lb before this slightly better one and then unclipped the lure before I lost it as I fancied giving it a go at our North West get together tomorrow.



Many thanks to Steve for sponsoring this competition and I will be looking at acquiring a few more of the Major Craft lures :D  :D  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment