Thursday 27 June 2013

A New PB

Had a lazy start today after my early session yesterday and managed to get to one of my favourite spots before the slamon anglers have spooked all the chub. The first was a modest specimen but great fun on the ultra light gear.

 
 
The next fish gave me the best fight I've ever had from a chub - I think it had a personality disorder and thought it was a barbel! At 4lb 8oz definitely punching above its weight.
 
 
 
 
The next fish was a new personal best of 5lb 6oz. I thought I'd lost this fish as I was netting it there was an almighty splash just beyond the net and I thought it was my fish that had shed the hooks and bolted. It turned out to be another big fish that had followed mine in and made a splash as it turned away in the shallow water. 
 
 

 
...and a front shot that illustrates the sheer bulk of this fish.
 
 
A few more nice fish around 4lb and upwards mixed in with half a dozen 2-3lb fish rounded off another fantastic days fishing before the rain really set in and sent me home in search of some dry clothes!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment