Friday 21 June 2013

Longest Day

Today being the longest day and the official first day of Summer I wanted to get out after work for a couple of hours - especially as the rain is forecast for later tonight. The sun was still high and bright at 5pm and the river is the lowest I've seen it for a long time and very weedy. The fish were being very tentative and an hour later I had failed to hook up even though a few fish had boiled underneath the lure. I'd started with a small lure thinking they may be more likely to have a go in the clear water but a change to a slightly larger one produced an almost instant response and this very lean fish stuck on, quickly followed by a couple more smaller ones. I'm now praying the rain isn't heavy enough to spoil the weekend fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment