The weed was still proving a problem as it was clogging the line and catching on the trace swivel and clip even though the lure was rigged weedless and the hook point nicked into the skin of the worm.
I kept going despite my frustration and eventually had a solid take which resulted with this nice 4lb fish on the bank.
With the fishing being slow I decided a move was in order and drove to another area a few miles downstream. A salmon angler was fish at the head of my favourite pool on this stretch and with the difficult conditions I decided to call it a day and set off back to the car. Like many anglers I find it hard to walk past a likely looking piece of water and I couldn't help myself so I dropped into what has been a productive swim. The weed was even worse here but a few casts produced another reasonable fish.
It's nice to finish a session with a fish so decided that was it and went home satisfied that I'd made the best of near impossible conditions.