Monday 16 June 2014

Opening Day

I've been really excited about the opening of the coarse season on the rivers and not a little jealous of the guys who had booked time off work to fish today. I've been consoling myself with the fact that with the river is down to its bones and the weather being bright and brassy, conditions would make it difficult. I nearly didn't bother going after work but decided that with the fish having not seen a lure for a while I might be in with a slim chance and thought I'd give it a couple of hours.
Within ten minutes a scraper double had put a smile on my face and I was content not to blank on the opening day!


Half an hour later a brutal hit and a thankfully short fight saw this 25lb 14oz beauty on the bank!



Even more pleasing to take both fish on one of my own custom paint jobs


A fantastic couple of hours and a great way to start the 2014 season. I'll be chasing the chub and the perch tomorrow!



4 comments:

  1. What a cracking start to your sesaon Paul! and on a home painted bait, brilliant buddy! :)

    Glen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice start to the season, congrats on the twenty !

    Darren

    http://northeastpiker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Darren - only just got round to checking comments so sorry for taking so long to reply - really chuffed to see this fish which I had last year at a slightly heavier weight is still thriving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Glen - missed your comment - not in the habit of checking so apologies mate!

    ReplyDelete